24 November 2012

"Touchy Panel"


8.1" Touch Panel (along with touch controller, extender patch cord and USB extender cord

Both my touch panels arrived a couple of days back. 

Luckily, both of them arrived in good shape this time (no chips, nicks, cracks or broken connectors this time). The package contained the driver CD also. 

Assembled them immediately and connected them to my test rig. For some reason, my Windows 7 (64 Bit) is not able to recognize the touch panel controller device. 

After extensive googling around for last two days, and not making any further headway, I have now requested folks at VRS forums for assistance. 

The panels came with drivers from EGalax (5000 series). These are the most popular generic touch panel drivers. Also tested them with newer Touch Kit drivers. But, the operating system still doesn't recognize my USB device.

My test rig is presently setup with 3 x 23" monitors (other monitors are removed for the time being). All three monitors are fed off a Triple Head 2 Go through DVI input/output. With each monitor setup at 1920 x 1080 resolution, I am setup for a total desktop area of 5760 x 1080 (on a single virtual display adaptor). 



I'm thinking, this extended display resolution is probably conflicting with the touch controller driver. 

Over the coming weeks, time is at a bit of premium. 

Need to find a way to get my panels to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment